Job Posting: Marketing Assistant
LMPR is looking for a passionate, creative, and experienced Marketing Assistant to join our growing team of specialists!
If you have a passion for marketing, strategy, and the arts, please check out our posting below:
Laura Murray Public Relations (LMPR) is a group of highly skilled, forward-thinking professionals with a passion for marketing the arts and creative industries. The company was founded in 2011 to provide artistic, cultural, and creative organizations with a single contact and unified approach to marketing and communications.
Our full range of services includes public + media relations, marketing + advertising, promotions, social media + online marketing, graphic + web design, copywriting, arts consulting, and audience development.
Based in Vancouver, LMPR delivers a variety of innovative marketing and communications solutions for clients including The Royal Winnipeg Ballet, The Chan Centre for the Performing Arts, Blackbird Theatre, Bard on the Beach, Theatre Under the Stars, FlyOver Canada, Vancouver Opera, The Museum of Anthropology, Vancouver Bach Choir, among others.
LMPR is looking for a passionate, creative, and experienced Marketing Assistant to join our growing team of specialists. This position will see the successful candidate working with and reporting to the Head of Digital. This is a demanding support role that will require a highly efficient, creative individual with superior communications skills who can prioritize and manage workflow for a wide variety of arts organizations across the country.
The candidate must be detail-oriented, proactive, and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment, supporting the agency’s marketing and digital divisions in devising and executing paid + promotional strategies for a diverse range of organizations within the arts + creative industries.
Full Time Salaried position: Monday to Friday; 9am to 5pm. Occasional evening and weekend hours required.
- Implement marketing strategies for LMPR clientele
- Coordinate design and trafficking of print advertising and collateral
- Prepare copy and requisite files for multimedia advertising campaigns
- Monitor campaign spending and ensure all contracts & invoices are tracked and filed
- Responsible for monitoring and meeting various deadlines without compromising quality of output or deliverables
- Generate reports for digital advertising and traditional marketing campaigns
- Design and distribute promotional emails, e-newsletters, and announcements on behalf of LMPR clientele
- Coordinate strategic distribution of printed marketing collateral throughout the Lower Mainland
- Establish, cultivate, and maintain external community relationships with new and established promotional partners
- Coordinate and implement a diverse array of online, grassroots, retail, and experiential promotions
- Provide marketing and communications support to LMPR team members, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in communications, arts management, marketing, or a related field of study
- Excellent organizational skills and/or project management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated self-starter, pays attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team player
- Past experience with media planning and buying is an asset
- Familiarity and comfort with a variety of software and online tools, with particular emphasis on Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite, YouTube, WordPress, AdWords, and Creative Suite
- Passion and experience with the performing arts is highly valued
- A Valid Driver’s license and access to a vehicle is an asset
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 22, 2015. All applications will be kept in confidence.
No telephone calls or faxed applications please. We thank all who express interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.