Job Posting: Communications ManagerLMPR is looking to add a highly-skilled, big-thinking, arts-loving Communications Manager to our team! If you have a passion for media relations, marketing, and the arts, please check out our posting below:
Laura Murray Public Relations (LMPR) is a group of highly skilled, forward-thinking professionals with a passion for marketing the arts and creative industries. The company was founded to provide artistic, cultural, and creative organizations with a single contact and unified approach for marketing and communications.
Our full range of services include public & media relations, marketing & advertising, promotions, social media & online marketing, graphic & web design, copy writing & grant writing, arts consulting, and audience development.
Based out of Vancouver, LMPR delivers a variety of innovative marketing and communications solutions for clients including The Royal Winnipeg Ballet, The Chan Centre for the Performing Arts, Blackbird Theatre, Bard on the Beach, Indian Summer Festival, Dances for a Small Stage, Vancouver Opera, The Museum of Anthropology, and Vancouver Bach Choir, among others.
LMPR is looking for a passionate and skilled Communications Manager to join our team of specialists. Reporting to the company Principal, the position will work with a wide variety of arts organizations across the country, helping to raise their profile, increase ticket sales, and achieve organizational goals by providing efficient, strategic communications services, with an emphasis on public and media relations.
This is a full time position. Occasional evening and weekend hours required.
- Develop and implement high-level media relations strategies for LMPR clientele
- Oversee multiple media relations campaigns, including staff management and client reporting
- Identify various story leads within each campaign and craft accompanying pitches for individual journalists
- Write communications copy, including press releases, show descriptions, and correspondence
- Secure interviews, reviews, and coverage for clients across a wide variety of outlets
- Build strong relationships with clients and provide strategic guidance and direction
- Establish innovative cross-promotions and partnerships with local businesses and arts organizations to connect clients with audiences in unique, unexpected ways
- Utilize a variety of social media and online tools to amplify the reach of client coverage
- Provide marketing and communications support to LMPR team members
- Bachelor’s degree in arts management, communications, journalism, or a related field of study
- Three to five years’ experience in communications, marketing, or related field
- Strong writing and editorial skills
- Excellent organizational skills and/or project management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity and comfort with software and online tools including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite, YouTube, and Photoshop
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Passion and experience with the performing arts is highly valued
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 19, 2013. All applications will be kept in confidence.
No telephone calls or faxed applications, please. We thank all who express interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.