Job Posting: Communications ManagerLMPR is looking to add a highly-skilled, big-thinking, arts-loving Communications Manager to our team! If you have a passion for publicity, client relations, and the arts, please check out our posting below:
Laura Murray Public Relations (LMPR) is a group of highly skilled, forward-thinking professionals with a passion for marketing the arts and creative industries. The company was founded in 2011 to provide artistic, cultural, and creative organizations with a single contact and unified approach to marketing and communications.
Our full range of services include public + media relations, marketing + advertising, promotions, social media + online marketing, graphic + web design, copywriting + grant writing, arts consulting, and audience development.
Based out of Vancouver, LMPR delivers a variety of innovative marketing and communications solutions for clients including The Royal Winnipeg Ballet, The Chan Centre for the Performing Arts, Blackbird Theatre, Bard on the Beach, Theatre Under the Stars, Vancouver Opera, The Museum of Anthropology, and Vancouver Bach Choir, among others.
LMPR is looking for a passionate and skilled Communications Manager to join our growing team of specialists. Reporting to the company Principal, the Communications Manager will work with, and manage the accounts of, a wide variety of arts organizations across the country, fostering a strong relationship built on trust with the client and internal teams. Providing a consistently high level of client relations, the Communications Manager will work to raise client profiles, increase ticket sales, and achieve organizational goals by providing efficient, strategic communications services, with an emphasis on public and media relations.
This is a full time salaried position. Occasional evening and weekend hours required.
- Oversee all stages of project planning and execution to ensure highest level of quality is always met
- Motivate and inspire teams to generate imaginative, innovative work, and solutions
- Identify strategic innovation opportunities for the client and LMPR
- Develop and implement high-level media relations strategies for LMPR clientele
- Oversee multiple media relations campaigns, including staff management and client reporting
- Identify various story leads within each campaign and craft accompanying pitches for individual journalists
- Write communications copy, including press releases, show descriptions, and correspondence
- Secure interviews, reviews, and coverage for clients across a wide variety of outlets
- Direct all aspects related to keeping the client/LMPR relationship optimal
- Build strong relationships with clients and provide strategic guidance and direction
- Establish innovative cross-promotions and partnerships with local businesses and arts organizations to connect clients with audiences in unique, unexpected ways
- Utilize a variety of social media and online tools to amplify the reach of client coverage
- Oversee and direct workflow and progress of assigned team
- Provide leadership support to LMPR team members
- Maintain a close working relationship with the LMPR Management team
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or a related field of study
- Three to five years’ experience in communications, media relations, marketing, or related field
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent organizational skills and/or project management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity and comfort with software and online tools, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite, YouTube, and Photoshop
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team player
- Passion and experience with the performing arts is highly valued
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com no later than April 11, 2014. All applications will be kept in confidence.
No telephone calls or faxed applications, please. We thank all who express interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.