Job Posting: Communications Coordinator
LMPR is looking for a passionate, creative, and experienced Communications Coordinator to join our growing team of specialists!
If you have a passion for publicity, client relations, and the arts, please check out our posting below:
Laura Murray Public Relations (LMPR) is a group of highly skilled, forward-thinking professionals with a passion for marketing the arts and creative industries. The company was founded in 2011 to provide artistic, cultural, and creative organizations with a single contact and unified approach to marketing and communications.
Our full range of services includes public + media relations, marketing + advertising, promotions, social media + online marketing, graphic + web design, copywriting, arts consulting, and audience development.
Based in Vancouver, LMPR delivers a variety of innovative marketing and communications solutions for clients including The Royal Winnipeg Ballet, The Chan Centre for the Performing Arts, Blackbird Theatre, Bard on the Beach, Theatre Under the Stars, FlyOver Canada, Vancouver Opera, The Museum of Anthropology, Vancouver Bach Choir, among others.
LMPR is looking for a passionate, creative, and experienced Communications Coordinator to join our growing team of specialists. This position will see the successful candidate working with and reporting to the company Principal. This is a demanding support role that will require a highly efficient, tactful individual with superior communications skills who can prioritize and manage workflow for a wide variety of arts organizations across the country.
The candidate must be detail-oriented, proactive, and be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment, supporting the daily needs of LMPR’s Account Managers, while providing consistent, high-level client relations.
Full Time Salaried position: Monday to Friday; 9am to 5pm. Occasional evening and weekend hours required.
- Play a key support role in the day-to-day operations of the media relations division
- Utilize online databases and event listing engines to raise awareness for upcoming client productions
- Provide Media Monitoring and ongoing maintenance of Coverage Trackers for all LMPR clientele
- Generate accurate Media Relations Reports
- Manage and maintain key relationships with media
- Write communications copy, including event listings, press releases, show descriptions, and correspondence
- Coordinate strategic distribution of printed marketing collateral throughout the Lower Mainland
- Establish, cultivate, and maintain external community relationships with new and established promotional partners
- Represent LMPR in a professional and confident manner in both written and verbal communications, internally and externally
- Implement a diverse array of online, grassroots, retail, and experiential promotions
- Provide marketing and communications support to LMPR team members, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in communications, arts management, marketing, journalism, or a related field of study
- Excellent organizational skills and/or project management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated self-starter, pays attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team player
- Familiarity and comfort with software and online tools, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite, YouTube, and Photoshop
- Passion and experience with the performing arts is highly valued
- A Valid Driver’s license and access to a vehicle is an asset
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com no later than June 19, 2015. All applications will be kept in confidence.
No telephone calls or faxed applications please. We thank all who express interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.